We have all the support you need right in this blog!
You’ve decided to give Musicology’s 30-day FREE trial a whirl but are nervous about switching all of your families over. We have everything you need right here and if you need anything else, do not hesitate to shoot us an email! In this blog you will receive:
- A template letter to send to students with clear instructions.
- Clearly labeled images for you to use on your website and email newsletter.
- A video tutorial from Founder & CEO Rebecca Featherstone.
- Helpful tech tips to share.
Template Letter to send to Parents
I am very excited to share with you the new platform we will be using this year for (your student’s) online piano lessons. It’s called Musicology and it’s an interactive video conferencing platform built specifically for music lessons (this means high quality audio/video that doesn’t cut out.) There are a ton of teaching tools included that I know (your student) will love and that really enhance the online learning experience.
Here is a link to their website for your information: www.musicology.ca
At our next scheduled lesson, please follow these directions. They are the same for each lesson.
If you are on an iPad or iPhone:
- Make sure your device is updated to at least iOS14
- Download Musicology Online from the App Store (there is no fee!)
- Press I’m a Student
- Enter code ___________
If you are on any other device (Windows, Apple, Android/laptop, phone, desktop, tablet):
- Using the Chrome web browser, visit https://app.musicology.ca
- Enter code ____________
Looking forward to seeing you next time!
Tech Checklist to send to students
- Do a speed test at www.speedtest.net
- Make sure no one else is online if your package is a basic package
- Reset your router (push and hold button on side for 10 seconds and release)
- Close unused tabs or background apps
- Refresh Chrome
- Quit and restart Chrome
- Turn your device off and on again
- Check for updates for your iOS, OS or Chrome
- If your router is more than four years old, call your provider for a new one
This video covers everything your student needs to know about using Musicology with helpful visuals!
- Logging in
Tips Please visit www.musicology.ca for the student onboarding blog with a helpful template letter, tech tips and images of the slides presented in this video.