It’s easy to record your screen!
Did you know that you can record the audio and video of your screen with a few easy keyboard shortcuts? I’m here today to tell you how to do that on Musicology!
Musicology does not have a built in record button (yet). We wanted to focus on more important features for the first release like superior audio and collaborative features that you can’t find anywhere else since one can already record their screen on their computer without the need of a built in button. However, this is most definitely on the list for a future release as we grow Musicology! Here’s the scoop:
Screen Record on Apple
- Press Shift + Command + 5
- Select Options and your preferred microphone (I like a Blue Yeti!), these options will be defaulted in the future.
- You will see a little camera floating on your screen, click the screen to begin recording.
- When finished recording, press Shift + Command + 5 again or the ‘stop’ button at the top right of your screen.
- Save the video to your Photos album
- Export the video to an Mp3 video format
- Send to your student!
Screen Record on Windows
- Press the Windows key + G at the same time to open Game Bar dialog.
- Check the “Yes, this is a game” checkbox to load the Game Bar. This is a procedure whether you are screen recording a game or another kind of app.
- Click on the Start Recording button (or Win + Alt + R) to begin capturing video.
- Stop the recording by clicking on the red recording bar that will be on the top right of the program window. (If it disappears on you, press Win + G again to bring the Game Bar back.)
- Find your recorded MP4 files under the Videos folder in a subfolder called Captures.